US citizen, SAP FI individual with 8+ years of experience in managing large scale SAP Finance solutions for varied clientele ranging from Automotive, Retail, Education and Medical Services.
Project Management, SAP Finance Implementation & Support, People Management, Solution and Vendor Evaluation, Service Transition & Delivery, Application Management, Migration & Upgrade, Requirement Finalization, End-user Training & Knowledge Management and Customer Relationship Management
SENIOR FICO CONSULTANT
CUNY BROOKLYN COLLEGE, NEW YORK, NY
JANUARY 2016 TO PRESENT
– Manage roll-outs for SAP Finance Solutions covering, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Asset Accounting, Integration with SD/MM, reporting and consolidation
– Manage implementation of automated payment solution with one of the leading bank for salary payments for entire group?
– Formulated, governed and managed data migration strategies for two complex finance data migration projects from SAP 4.7 to SAP ECC 6.0?
– Develop the TCO, Solution Proposal Document, System Integration Document, Architecture Diagram, Blueprint, Project Management and transition to the support team?
– Work with Finance Process owners to understand and map the existing functions to process and applications with the aim of increasing the efficiency of existing operations?
– Governance for all project deliverables by the implementation partner to ensure they comply to the business blueprint and the group IT standards?
– Coordinate with the Business Process Owners in validation of business requirements and Manage activities related to requirements analysis, process flows, functional configuration
Accomplishments?-Foundation fix for SAP Finance prior to implementation of SAP BPC solution for consolidation (specific changes in multiple SAP Finance instance across AFG group to enable implementation of SAP BPC for consolidation).
SAP Education Management Implementation for entire CUNY?-SAP ECC 6.0 IS Auto Implementation project for Brooklyn College (E2E implementation, data migration cut-over and Post go-live support)?-SAP ECC 6.0 (E2E implementation, data Migration, Cut-over, Post go-live support)
SENIOR SAP FICO CONSULTANT
DELTA AIR LINES, NEW YORK, NY
AUGUST 2014 – DECEMBER 2016
– Customized inter-company payment processes for worldwide payment / research payment using the In-House Cash functionality.
– Identified and prepared integration test scenarios, test datasets and advanced integration testing cycles for current and upcoming configurations.
– Defined and implemented functional specifications for new and improved RICEF objects.
– Performed analysis of existing companywide business processes to assess the usability of the existing “AS-IS” document. Co-authored a FIT-GAP business process analysis report and presented a “TO-BE” blueprint to the business.
– Aided in the complete restructuring of G/L accounts; customized and configured a new chart of accounts. Stipulated the set of accounts with multiple currencies and managed open item clearing.
– Assigned planning types, especially for cash-flow purposes, in the General Ledger
– Analyzed cash position, liquidity forecasting based on planning levels.
– Streamlined cash-pooling in local accounts functioning under In-House Cash Centers.
– Designed and implemented the lockbox process (origin-destination, lockbox number, house bank, partner profile, message types and logical message types for lockbox based with EDI).
– Configured and utilized the Electronic Bank Statement (EBS) for cash management (cash position and liquidity forecasting).
LEAD SAP FICO CONSULTANT
METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY (MTA) NEW YORK, NY
MAY 2012 – JUNE 2014
– Optimized integration of business processes within FICO and SD modules.
– Customized screen layouts for document entry at account / document levels
– Configured validations for documents, recurring entries, correspondence, taxes, and currencies.
– Conducted interest calculations on account balances and line items
– Customized the Cash Management process (bank statements, payment programming, liquidity forecasts, bills of exchanges).
– Configured and customized Cash Budget Management, including commitment management.
– Configured integration links between FICO & SD / MM to optimize transaction processing.
LEAD SAP FI/CO CONSULTANT
BENDINER AND SCHLESINGER LAB, NEW YORK, NY
FEBRUARY 2008 – APRIL 2012
– Performed process requirements (OTC, PTP) and analysis workshops with clients to define business, process, functional requirements and data element requirements
– Provided guidance with best process, project scheduling, resource availability for successful tax automation implementations.
– Managed project schedules, budget allocations, defining statements of work, change control and change requests.
– Troubleshot software and implementation issues, provided workaround and functional implementation guidance.
– Gathered business, process and integration requirements between third-party tax engines such as Sabrix and SAP (for SD and MM).
– Supported customers in preparing and documenting tax use-cases and testing scenarios
SONY ERICSSON, EDISON, NY
MARCH 2007 – JANUARY 2008
– Assist the BA team in the management and delivery of projects
– Assist the BA team in completing key analyses focused on comprehensive research and data collection, the development of business cases and the preparation of presentation material.
– Assist the BA team in creating business plans and financial models, marketing strategies and studies, distribution and supply chain metrics and implementation plans.
– Collaborate with BA team to create and present client deliverables.
– Work as part of the BA team in Customer workshop management with structural methodology to capture business requirement from business and IT customers
– Collaborate with team to recommend the best practices/experiences and solution capabilities to customers
– Gather, clarify, and validate business requirements through ongoing active relationships with the key stakeholders
– Analyze and translate business requirements into solutions specification for both technical and business perspective
– Manage expectations with clients and business partners/3rd party vendors via in-person and written communication.
– Support the team with Scoping, Business cases and Value-propositions
Masters in Business Administration with concentration in Business intelligence (BI) and Data Analytics
Brooklyn College City University of New York, Brooklyn NY, May 2017
Bachelors in Business Management and Finance
Brooklyn College City University of New York, Brooklyn NY, May 2012
SPECIALITIES?Project Management, SAP Finance Implementation & Support, People Management, Solution and Vendor Evaluation, Service Transition & Delivery, Application Management, Migration & Upgrade, Requirement Finalization, End-user Training & Knowledge Management and Customer Relationship Management
• Experience in Business Objects 4.0, XI R3.0/R2/6.X, Business Objects Designer, Reporter, Supervisor, Info View and Web-Intelligence, Xcelsius, Crystal Reports.
• Expertise in retrieving data using Business Objects Universes, personal data files, stored procedures and free hand SQL methods.
ERP: SAP R/3 (v. 4.7 / 5.0), ECC 6.0
FICO: GL, AR, AP, PCA, CCA, CO-PA
• TOOLS / UTILITIES: DEVELOPER, ASP, VBSCRIPT, MS PROJECT, MS OFFICE (ALL VERSIONS), SQL, BUSINESS OBJECTS 4.0XI/R3.O/R2, INFO VIEW AND WEB-INTELLIGENCE, XCELSIUS, CRYSTAL REPORTS. BOBJ UNIVERSE DESIGNER.
INTEGRATION: FICO with MM, SD
RDMS: ORACLE, MS ACCESS, DB2, MYSQL
– SAP FICO individual with 10+ years of experience in managing large scale SAP Finance solutions for varied clientele ranging from Retail, Automotive, Airline, and Education Industries.
– Strong domain, functional and technical expertise in SAP Finance (GL, New GL, AR, AP, AA, Consolidation and Reporting) with experience as a Lead Consultant across various Implementations
– Extensive experience in requirements planning and analysis, business blue printing, estimating, deploying, user training and supporting large scale finance solutions ensuring timely and quality driven delivery. Enabled optimisation of operational processes, strengthening internal controls, swift service transition and improving service quality
– Managing delivery teams across geographies and adept at working collaboratively with clients to analyze their specific needs to evaluate and implement IT solutions that meet their unique, evolving needs, and that deliver long-term, sustainable success and value
– Lead business process reengineering activities involving the redesign of core finance processes to achieve dramatic improvements in productivity, cycle times and quality
– Pivotal in managing the full life cycle implementation of SAP Financials, application development and post implementation support
– Effective communicator with excellent relationship building & interpersonal skills
– SAP Finance Implementation and Support:?Implemented four Full Life Cycles with E2E solution design and delivery – Two SAP Financial Implementation in SAP IS-Auto?- Two SAP Financial Implementation in SAP IS-Retail
Implemented three specific and specialized business functionality implementation?- SAP Automotive Management Implementation with distributed financials?- Foundation fix for existing SAP Financial systems for implementing Business planning and Consolidation solution?- Implementation of fully automated solution for payroll payment to employees across multiple countries in one of the leading multi-national bank
Completed six complex Data Migration assignments for all Finance objects including master data and transaction data
Managed a 24×7 global Finance support project for one of the leading Bank
– Solution and vendor evaluation:?Driving solution and vendor evaluation right from requirement gathering, analysis and prioritization, research and evaluation, due diligence and through implementation of solutions for various corporate services including group finance group treasury and shared service finance
– Process improvements:?Lead the implementation of various process re-engineering initiatives for the finance teams
Willing to relocate: Anywhere within UAE