· Whenplugging a pen drive or CD/DVD drive auto run function or double click and openit. In there mostly viruses are spread through that. Viruses areprograms and have malicious code written by attacker or buy from dark web.
Viruses are doesn’t work on the Linux operating system. Most of attackers are writethere viruses to .exe file when open it using double click on it. Many type ofviruses have now. Eg – ILOVEU, MyDOOM,. Also when auto run function enable CD/DVD input to driver, all files areopen.
In that case can spread viruses. · When surf on the Internet untrusted linksare follow and then redirect to unwanted or misuse sites. Most of the people doing thatwork. Through that you waste your time and you don’t know you on the untrustedpersons hand. Also, they collect your data and behaviors. Phishing andransomware spread like that. Finally, your data loosing and you have to pay fordecrypt your data.
· When installing pirates and crackedsoftware. Pirates software installationmostly do in 3rd class countries and personal computers. Those are created from cracker by modifyingcode or adding patches to that software. All the vendors are tell use originalone. Finally you don’t know when you connect to the Internet your data downloadto another computer or you act as a bot.
· When windows Firewall is stopped (NotConnected). Firewall is a network securitysystem that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic basedon predetermined security rules. Basically operating system have a firewall.Most of the people turn off the firewall because of limitation of file sharing.
Through that can open only wanted port numbers and Services. · When Stopping Operating system latestupdate installation process. All operating system givessecurity updates and other necessary updates timely manner.
As a example last year happened wannacryattacks after that all operating system give a security updates. OS update mustdo from vendor. Not through 3rd party vendor. Some time that can bereason for hack you. · When Stopping Virus guard signatureupdating process.
Mostof personal computers use virus guards. Virus guard update from remote server.Through that give a signature update.
When create a patch, Virus guard vendorrelease a update. Virus guard have many rules. But we active little bit. Beforeopen a external pluging thing, must scan it.
If not you catch by viruses. · When Sharing a file and give everyone canaccess feature. In everyone feature through can haveaccess to that share file. Some time Your needed data will be own to other. · User accounts didn’t added any password orauthentication method. Authentication is very important.
Mostly use username password concept. But now fingerprint, Patter drawing, Eyescanning techniques are added to computers. If not use any authenticationmethod you personal computer can access every time without yout acknowledgment. · For user account to added simple, commonand dictionary-based password.Don’tadd any username and password as common thing. It can be very easy to hacker toenter to your pc. · Doesn’t installed any anti-virus software. In this case your computer caninfected with viruses.
Surfing on the Internet viruses can auto download toyour pc. So Internet security guard is important. · When connect to public unknown open WLAN. The Internet is important. Throughthe wireless LAN access people want to access the Internet. When accessingpublic WLAN accessing most of people connect to it because of that will be aopen network. So hackers are easy to access anyone pc from it.
· When you open unwanted ports on yourmachine. When accessing the servicesthrough the Internet open necessary port. As a example if you don’t want sshservice block that port. If not intruder can remotely access your machine.
· Unknown scripting running on machine. Scripts are another dangerousthings. Through that can occur cross site scripting attacks. Run only knowingscripts on your machine. In here web browser updating is important. · Chatting with unknown persons and collectsome of personal information from it. In chatting with unknown personswill collect your personal data and then analyze your usernames and passwordthrough that hack your account.
Onlyaccept your friends requested and chat with knowing people. · Passwords are writing down on papers. Password write down on papersbecause of forgotten problem and misplace that paper can be own to hacker.Dumster diving is another passive technique to attack your computer. · Keystroke logging software or hardwaredevice install on machine. Have software and hardware keyloggers. So youhave a idea of your installed software on your pc.
Also keyboard and mouseconnection check.· Public Ip addresses and router user nameand password find by third party people.Throughthe public Ip address anyone can access your system. So, hide your public IPand remove routers default username and passwords.· When you open untrusted email or followspam mail. When you open a unwanted mail you redirectedto untrusted web site and can be phishing you.
· Internet browser settings may not besecure. Browser cache is store in secure.Also other certificate must be trusted. Also PCs time and date must be correctif not that certificate can be expiere.
· When you using a untrusted proxy for theInternet surfing. When blocking site accessingsometime using 3rd party untrusted proxies. So in here can be getyour personal data. · Frequently unclear cache on machine, caseof save passwords and username auto save. · Someimportant file can run any user without administrator privileges.
· Backupfiles are not encrypted on hard disk. · Whenwe installing 3rd party software then our machine help to DOS/DDOSattack without your knowledge.